Monday, July 29, 2013

Purugly

http://blog-imgs-42-origin.fc2.com/j/i/n/jinsesagyotyu/20100806025614278.jpg


     Poor Purugly. She doesn't get much credit, in my opinion. I love Purugly, but I'm not sure if it's because I finally found a pokemon faster than my brother's Serperior, or because I love cats(Psh, Skitty my foot). 
     You heard correctly, you debbie downers of the pokemon world, Purugly is even faster than Jumpluff. No one thought it was possible, but I proved them wrong! However... Purugly can't necessarily fight with an iron fist. Attack is her 2nd highest stat, and that's not that great. Add on the painfully shallow movepool, and you have what most would call a waste. However, Purugly is still a sweeper, even if there are better options out there. With access to Sucker Punch, Faint Attack, the rare gem Assist, and STAB Body Slam, Purugly can carry her own weight, even if she only lasts two or three turns.
     Moveset: Sucker Punch/ Faint Attack/ Assist/ Body Slam
My Purugly knows these moves. Body Slam is a must, as it is an STAB. Faint Attack always hits, and Sucker Punch is to quickly remove Ghost type threats. Assist is for if nothing else works, but don't rely on it too heavily. Body Slam is perfect for a rapid fire attack.
     Counters:Any Speedy Fighting type
If in a single battle, any fighting type. If in any other kind of battle, you need a quick fighting type, because if it's slow, any owner of Purugly would target you with it's Flying and Psychic types, knowing of the Tiger Cat Pokemon's frailty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Rules
NO Cussing
NO Non-Supportive Criticism
NO Unfair Comparisons
NO Trashing Pokemon unless you have viable support